Social Work Advocate - Serious Adverse Incidents
We are recruiting for a full time Social Worker for Patient Advocacy following Serious Adverse Incidents. The post will be based between the Belfast and Lurgan offices. Salary is set at £19.89ph.
- The Senior Practitioner (SAIs and Independent Advocacy) will oversee the provision of independent advocacy services to members of the public involved in serious adverse incidents (SAIs).
- The Senior Practitioner (SAIs and Independent Advocacy) will work closely with the Service Manager (Advocacy and Client Support Lead) to develop the service model within the PCC for the provision of independent advocacy services within SAIs regionally. To include the strategic and operational management and development of the SAI advocacy service, as a function of the overall advocacy and client support programme of the PCC. They will be accountable to the Head of Operations and Client Support Services for the effective delivery of this function.
- The Senior Practitioner (SAIs and Independent Advocacy) will work closely with the Service Manager (Advocacy and Client Support Lead) to ensure that there is a process of learning from SAI advocacy services. This will involve on-going proactive engagement with policy makers and decision makers across Health and Social Care to bring about policy changes and changes in service delivery as a result of complaints raised
- The Senior Practitioner (SAIs and Independent Advocacy) will deputise for service managers as and when required
To apply please submit your CV outlining how you meet the criteria below:
- Hold a professional qualification in Social Work
- 3 years’ post-qualifying experience
- Experience and knowledge of advocacy best practices, tools and techniques supporting service user, patient engagement in resolving issues, concerns and complaints.
- To have proven practice experience in delivering advocacy work to vulnerable people in a supportive function or health and social care setting.
- Strategic thinking skills to develop and encourage commitment to new approaches and working in complex situations
- Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating patient/ service user led projects
- Driving Licence and access to a car on appointment.
- Why choose Keenan Recruitment as part of your journey:
- We are a contracted, top tier supplier of Specialist staff to the NHS and other public bodies, meaning we receive 100s of jobs for you to pick from throughout Northern Ireland.
- A Free & confidential financial wellbeing package is offered via an external professional body to all temporary workers, to aid you with your mortgage application, debt and budgeting planning and for pension advice etc.
- You will have a dedicated specialist Consultant. Did you know that we have over 30 years experience suppling Specialist staff to the public service?
- Free CV writing service and interview prep offered for when you apply for permanent positions. We fully support you working through Agency as a stepping stone into permanent work.
- Testimonials: Please refer to the testimonial section on our website www.keenanrecruitment.co.uk to read how happy our candidates are working through Keenan.
For more information on this exciting opportunity or hear of other vacancies within our Specialist division please contact Laura-Lee Quigley T: 02890447144 or email email@example.com for a confidential chat.
Keenan Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer, acting as an Employment Business on behalf of our Clients for temporary work and an Employment Agency for providing permanent employment with our Clients.
Keenan Recruitment is proudly a Corporate Member of REC - 10638 (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) adhering to all current employment legislation.
Location: Belfast-Lurgan | Salary: 19.89 per | Job type: Contract | Posted: 26/03/2021