Road Freight Forwarding Manager
Have you got 2-3 years freight experience and are looking for a new challenge?
Keenan Recruitment is delighted to have been retained by a leading freight forwarding company to recruit for a permanent, experienced Road Freight Manager to be based in Bangor.
Our Client specialises in providing logistical solutions for clients throughout the Northern Ireland business sector and has expertise in Worldwide import and export movements.
Road Freight Forwarder
Negotiable depending on experience
- Investigate and plan the most appropriate route for a shipment, considering the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Negotiate contracts, transportation, and handling costs.
- Obtain, check, and prepare documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Offer tailored IT solutions and electronic data interchange (EDI) connections.
- Arrange payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of the client.
- Utilise e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods.
- Deal with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food, and medical supplies.
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit-cost analysis.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
- Recent, proven track record of running a current road freight desk.
- A minimum of 2-3 years freight experience.
- Confident to quote customers for tailored jobs.
- Hold good industry knowledge.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure and abide by tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High standard of IT literacy.
- Able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
Please respectively note: We anticipate a large volume of applications and can only respond to applicants who meet the criteria.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Katherine Pringle for a confidential chat T: 02890447144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keenan Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer, acting as an Employment Business on behalf of our Clients for temporary work and an Employment Agency for providing permanent employment with our Clients.
Keenan Recruitment is proudly a Corporate Member of REC - 10638 (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) adhering to all current employment legislation.
Location: Bangor | Salary: | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 14/01/2022