Keenan Recruitment is delighted to have been retained by a UK leading insurance broker to help expand their commercial insurance department by recruiting for an Account Executive to be based in Belfast.
The Account Executive will liaise with clients, insurers and Account Handlers. You will make a measurable contribution to the profitability and overall growth of the company, through effective sales pipeline management, prospecting activity, face to face visits and networking
Our Client will offer a competitive salary, pension, attainable bonus and benefits package
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.00.
Holidays: 26 days holiday plus 11 statutory days holiday.
- To achieve target number of sales and income within our office.
- To understand new and existing clients’ business and their approach to insurance and risk management, tailoring and administering insurance solutions for the protection of their finances and liabilities.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Identify and pursue cross-selling, up-selling and similar opportunities
- Utilise all leads provided to you by the company and develop new and efficient ways to increase the quote volume
- Achieve or exceed agreed volume of Quotes/Sales/Income generated from all marketing sources including own personal prospecting activity
- To understand client’s business operations, opportunities and risks and their approach to risk management and insurance.
- Offer and present insurance solutions including insurance policies and other risk management solutions, with purpose to secure renewal and/or new business.
- To assist in team performance by regular communication with colleagues and manager to establish and raise concerns and provide solutions.
- To ensure compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA
- The jobholder will, at various times, act for the insured and insurer.
- The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
Essential Criteria – must be clearly demonstrated on CV
- Minimum of 2 years relevant commercial insurance experience of which at least one in a face to face Sales or AE role
- Experience in dealing with premiums of £5k and above
- To have an appetite for securing new business and book growth
- Manage and grow an existing book of business in excess of £150k income.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective teamworking skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Willingness to learn
- Resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism
For a confidential chat please contact Katherine Pringle at Keenan Recruitment T: 02890447144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keenan Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer, acting as an Employment Business on behalf of our Clients for temporary work and an Employment Agency for providing permanent employment with our Clients.
Keenan Recruitment is proudly a Corporate Member of REC - 10638 (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) adhering to all current employment legislation.
Location: Belfast | Salary: | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 13/01/2022